Other Federal standards activities
- Earth Science Data and Information System (ESDIS) Standards Office (ESO) assists the ESDIS Project in formulating standards policy for NASA Earth Science Data Systems (ESDS); coordinates standards activities within ESDIS; and provides technical expertise and assistance to standards related tasks within the NASA Earth Science Data System Working Groups (ESDSWG).
- Environmental Data Standards: resources hosted by EPA
- The Geospatial-Intelligence Standards WG (GWG) serves as a US DoD, Intelligence Community (IC), Federal, and Civil community-based forum to advocate for IT standards and standardization activities related to Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT).
- The National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)is a community-driven, standards-based approach to exchanging information. It connects communities that share a common need to exchange information in order to advance their mission. It ensures that information is well-understood and carries the same consistent meaning across various communities, thereby allowing interoperability to occur.
- The Spatial Data Standard for Facilities, Infrastructure and the Enviornment (SDSFIE) is the single Department of Defense (DoD) spatial standard that supports common implementation and maximizes interoperability for installation, environment, and civil work missions.
- Standards.gov provides background materials and useful links for locating information about the use of standards in government. Its primary focus is on federal agency use of standards for regulatory purposes. The website is maintained by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).