On October 27, 2011, the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) hosted a one day meeting intended to bring NSDI Stakeholders up to date on International Organization for Standardization (ISO) metadata, identify challenges, and set a course for implementation. The meeting included:
- ISO and ISO North American Profile (NAP) Metadata Standards Status Update
- Group Discussions: Issues Related to ISO Implementation
- Group Discussions: Common Solutions to Address Issues
- Group Discussion: Priorities and Recommendations
- Metadata Summit Summary Report (January 23, 2012)
- Agenda (pdf)
- Welcome Presentation (ppt)
- Geospatial Platform Update on Migration of GOS to Data.gov: Rob Dollison, USGS (ppt)
- Presentations on Status of ISO
Metadata Summit Follow-up Webinar
On December 7, 2011, the FGDC hosted a follow-up webinar for the Metadata Summit.
Federal Metadata Coordinator Webinar: ISO Geospatial Metadata Implementation
In April of 2013, the FGDC hosted an ISO Geospatial Metadata Implementation Webinar for Federal Metadata Coordinators to address the ISO implementation issues raised during the Metadata Summit.
For more information, contact: Jennifer Carlino, FGDC Metadata Coordinator, .