Wetland Mapping Standard
The FGDC endorsed the Wetlands Mapping Standard in July 2009.
The purpose of this standard is to support accurate mapping and classification of wetlands, while ensuring mechanisms for their revisions and update as directed under OMB Circular A-16, Revised. It is designed to direct the current and future digital mapping of wetlands.
The mapping standard will be used for all wetland mapping nationally including Federal Agencies, States, Tribes, especially if that mapping data will be uploaded into NWI/The National Map as a data layer. Specifically, if Federal funding is involved , then use of the proposed Standard is required. For all other efforts, use of the standard is strongly encouraged.
||FGDC Standards Working Group|
|Committee draft||2007/04/03||FGDC Standards Working Group|
|Public review draft||2007/08/06||FGDC Secretariat|
|Regulations.gov||2007/11||FGDC Wetlands Subcommittee|
|Final draft (. doc) (. pdf)||2008/07||FGDC Standards Working Group|
|Public review comments||2008/07||FGDC Standards Working Group|
|Final draft||2009/01||FGDC Coordination Group|
|FGDC-endorsed standard||2009/07||Fish and Wildlife Service|
- EPA Office of Water; Notice of Availability and Comment Period for Draft Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) Wetland Mapping Standard - Federal Register / Vol. 72, No. 151 / Tuesday, August 7, 2007 / Notices (FR Doc. E7–15351 Filed 8–6–07; 8:45 am)
- National Hydrography Database (NHD)
- Coastal/Marine Systems of North America: Framework for an Ecological Classification Standard
- National Vegetation Classification Standard, FGDC-STD-005
- Classification of Wetlands and Deepwater Habitats of the United States
- DRAFT Implementation Plan for the FGDC Wetlands Mapping Standard Version 1.0