Feb 27, 2008
from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
|Where||National Park Service,1201 Eye St. NW, Washington,DC|
|Contact Name||Julie Binder Maitra|
|Contact Phone||(703) 648-4627|
Joe Evjen (NGS), Tom Galya (OSMRE), Steve Elkinton (NPS), Ms. Randy Fusaro (Census), Michael Kaczor (Forest Service), Betsy Kanalley (Forest Service), Donna Day (Forest Service), Jonathan Stephens (Forest Service), Jaime Schmidt (Forest Service) - call-in, Gita Urban-Mathieux (FGDC), Sharon Shin (FGDC)- call-in, Rick Pearsall (NGA)- call-in, Kevin Mullane (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers), Anne O'Connor (Census), Barry Reff (FEMA), John Kochanowski (DoD), Brian Lione (DoD), Kevin Kirby (EPA), Daniel Kestner (Division of Mines, Minerals, and Energy, Commonwealth of Virginia), Li-Tai S. Bilbao (OSMRE), David Duran (National Park Service) - call in, Robert Dahl (BLM), Alan Aiches (FEMA), John Ketchum (FEMA), and Deidre McCarthy (NPS)
|Add event to calendar||
Powerpoint covers agenda items
- Proposal for Coastal and Marine Ecological Classification Standard (CMECS) pending release for comment (not in PowerPoint presentation)
Review of proposal for a Cultural Resource Geospatial Data Content Standard
- The Critical Role of Spatial Data in Cultural Resource Management
- The FGDC Standards Working Group (SWG) unanimously approved registering the project in the FGDC standards program of work.
Review of Federal Trail Data Standards committee draft
- The Federal Interagency Trails Council agreed that National Park Service and Forest Service would jointly maintain the standard after FGDC endorsement
- The FGDC Standards Working Group unanimously agreed to recommend that the FGDC Coordination Group approve releasing the Federal Trails Data Standard for public review
Review of Standard Practice for Minimum Geospatial Data for a Coal Surface Mining Boundary approved by ASTM International
FY 2008 FGDC Standards Work Plan
- Not covered, as the meeting went over time.
INCITS L1/U.S. TAG
- In addition to ballot and comment reminders in Powerpoint presentation, it should be noted that Dr. Charles A. Roswell was nominated for the INCITS Lifetime Achievement Award.
Address and Directions
National Park Service
1201 Eye Street NW
There is an underground parking lot in the building but that fills up very quickly and monthly permit holders get priority. Parking costs $15/day.
Nearest Metro stations:
- McPherson Square (Orange and Blue lines) - 14th and Eye, then walk two blocks up Eye St. to 1201 Eye St.
- Metro Center (Orange, Blue, and Red lines) - H and 12th St, then walk two blocks up 12th St. to 1201 Eye St
RSVP required. A list of participants to send to security is required. After entering the building on the Eye St. side, check in with security. Provide the name of the meeting host (John Knoerl) and his phone number (2140) to the guard, who will call John so that he will come down and escort them to the meeting room.
Call 866-510-5346 toll-free.
You will then prompted to enter passcode 5809421