Geospatial Data Model Version 2.7
Version 2.7, released in February 2009, has been updated and
harmonized with a number of additional models to fully incorporate key
homeland security initiatives. The GMO team integrated the
Fire/Hazmat data model developed in partnership with the National
Association of State Fire Marshals and the Metropolitan Fire Chiefs, a
member organization of both the National Fire Protection Association
(NFPA) and the International Association Fire Chiefs (IAFC).
Another key component of this version change was to update the
model with the latest Infrastructure Taxonomy, Version 3.0.
Finally, the GDM now incorporates HSIP Gold Version 2008 in the model,
integrating all the new and updated feature classes, definitions and
component parts. Version 2.7 is now available for download in the
- Enterprise Architect UML Model DHSGDMv2.7.zip
- GDM UML XMI Exports
- HTML Report of EA UML Model
o Top level directory, images, etc. but missing EARoot.EA* directories below DHSGDMv27HTML.zip
o EARoot.EA1 directory EA1.zip
o EARoot.EA2 directory EA2.zip
o EARoot.EA3 directory EA3.zip
o EARoot.EA4 directory EA4.zip
o EARoot.EA5 directory EA5.zip
- ISO 11179 format Data Dictionary in XML GDMv2.7DataDictionaryXML.zip
- ISO 11179 format Data Dictionary in HTML GDMv2.7DataDictionaryHTML.zip
- GDM Oracle Spatial Implementation SQL DDL GDMv27OracleSpatialSQLDDL.zip
- GDM Oracle Spatial Documentation DHSGeospatialDataModelV27InOracle10Spatial.zip
- GDM Geography Markup Language v3.2.1 Application Schemas GDMv27GML.zip
- GDM GML Documentation DHSGeospatialDataModelV27InGML.zip
- GDM - HSIP v3 Crosswalk Spreadsheet HSIP Gold 2008 GDM v2.7 Crosswalk.xls
- GDM Mind Map, Mind Map Image, and source XML mindMap.zip
As in previous versions, the FGDC Homeland Security Working Group
and the GMO are extremely interested in soliciting user feedback about
the models and ways to make it more accessible by all users.
Please download the DHS Geospatial Data Model Comment Resolution Matrix VERSION 2.7 [Excel] and add your comments.
Forward your completed matrices as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments will be adjudicated through the FGDC Homeland Security Working Group-Content Subgroup, and the results reposted to this website.