The GeoCloud "Sandbox" Initiative is conducted under the Geospatial Platform activity in order to deploy and document geospatial cloud services based on virtual server images that can be shared and rapidly configured by many agencies. GeoCloud projects install and monitor their public-facing Web services, develop best practices, document cost and performance information, and seek agency system security approval for continued agency-sponsored operations in the Cloud after the one-year FGDC-sponsored hosting is completed.
Below are the project reports from some of the GeoCloud projects that are completed to-date.
- U.S. Census Bureau 2009 Topologically Integrated Geographic Encoding and Referencing (TIGER)/Line® data [PDF]
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration / National Marine Fisheries Service / Alaska Fisheries Science Center Particles in the Cloud project [PDF]
- U.S. Geological Survey / Eros Data center Spatial Data Warehouse project [PDF]
- GEOSS clearinghouse project [PDF]
- U.S. Department of Agriculture / NRCS Geoportal Server project [PDF]
- Department of Education GeoCloud Final Report, 2012 [PDF]
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.