June 12, 2007 meeting of FGDC Standards Working Group meeting
Jun 12, 2007
from 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
|Contact Name||Julie Binder Maitra|
|Contact Phone||703 648 4627|
Barry Reff (call-in, FEMA); Julie Binder Maitra (FGDC); Bill Wilen (FWS); Eric Linzey (NGS); Robin Fegeas (call-inUSGS); Kevin Mullane (call-in, USACE); Margaret Heber (EPA); Joe Evjen (NGS); John Evans (NASA/GST); Bill Tolar (FGDC); Emma Thomas (call-in); Jane Awl (call-in, TVA); Ky Ostergaard (call-in, Indus Corporation)
|Add event to calendar||
All people planning to attend in person or participate by telecon shall notify Julie Binder Maitra no later than close of business, Friday, June 8, 2007.
U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Metro: Two blocks west of Ballston Metro on the Orange Line
- Driving: I-66 westbound exit Glebe Rd (left on Glebe, left on Fairfax, left on Vermont to guardhouse for basement garage), eastbound exit Fairfax Drive (left on Vermont). For a parking pass, contact Bill Wilen by email at Bill_Wilen@fws.gov or by phone at 703-358-2278
703-358-2020 id 2278 (ALL Federal employees and local calls)
1-800-735-2854 conference id 2278 (Non-local States, NGO’s, and private organizations or individuals)
The main action is to vote to recommend that the FGDC Coordination Group approve releasing the draft Wetlands Mapping Standard for public review.
In addition, several other FGDC standards activities will be discussed:
The FGDC Standards Working Group unanimously adopted the motion to recommend that the FGDC approve releasing the draft Wetlands Mapping Standard for public review.
- FGDC endorsement of standards from the ISO 19100 series of geographic information standards
- Status of Framework Data Standard
- Review of FGDC standards program of work
- Development of procedures for withdrawing standards from the FGDC standards program of work
- Public review of draft National Vegetation Classification Standard, Version 2.0, and draft Shoreline Data Content Standard
- Develop and approval of Mining Data Standard through ASTM International, with plans for subsequent FGDC endorsement
- Development of a database of ISO and ANSI/INCITS standards that provides users information about document pricing, rights, and normative references in one place.