Standards facilitate the development, sharing, and use of geospatial data. The FGDC develops geospatial data standards for implementing the NSDI, in consultation and cooperation with State, local, and tribal governments, the private sector and academic community, and, to the extent feasible, the international community. The FGDC develops geospatial data standards only when no equivalent voluntary consensus standards exist, in accordance with OMB Circular A-119.
- Projects - projects in the FGDC standards program of work
- Process - FGDC Standards Reference Model and FGDC standards directives
- Publications - information on obtaining standards publications
- Organizations - FGDC Standards Working Group and external standards organizations
- FGDC endorsement of 64 non-Federally authored standards
- Standards updates