ISO Metadata Editor Review
The US Federal Geographic Data Committee has embarked upon an ISO Geospatial Metadata Editor Review. The review is being performed in three stages.
Stage One: Feature Review
The FGDC and the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) cooperatively developed a spreadsheet of metadata editor features of primary interest to the US metadata community. This ‘Feature Review’ spreadsheet was provided to the metadata editor developers to complete and return.
Stage Two: User Review
A team of reviewers has been compiled to review each metadata editor and provide feedback with respect to the metadata creation/edit experience. The reviewers will specify the features that they found most useful and any issues encountered when trying to access or implement the software. In addition, the reviewers will spot check the feature capabilities indicated by the software developers and provide feedback, if needed, to clarify or more fully describe the editor features.
Stage Three: Compilation
FGDC and the NGDC will compile the results and make the reviews available via the FGDC website. Final results will also be announced to via the geospatial metadata listserver maintained by Geocommunities. FGDC will also provide regular updates to the compiled results as additional editors and features, including support for the ISO 19115 North American Profile (NAP), emerge.
- User Review Spreadsheet: GeoNetwork [XLS]
- User Review Spreadsheet: M3CAT [XLS]
- User Review Spreadsheet: MetaD [XLS]
- User Review Spreadsheet: IME [XLS]
- User Review Spreadsheet: Metadata Editor [XLS]
- User Review Spreadsheet: Meta Genie [XLS]
- User Review Spreadsheet: ArcCatalog ISO Wizard [XLS]
User Review Spreadsheet: Parcs Canada (PC) Metadata Editor
- M3CAT 1.6 for Access - Download Application & MDB file [ZIP]
Note: You have to execute the exe in the zip file and then replace the MDB with the one provided.
- Parcs Canada (PC) Metadata Editor Version 1.0 - Download Application
Note: Save the zipfile and run the installation program