Metadata Working Group
The Metadata Working Group established under the auspices of the Federal Geographic Data Committee promotes and coordinates geospatial metadata activities among FGDC member agencies in support of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure. The Metadata Working Group promotes awareness among FGDC member agencies of the metadata dimension to geospatial data; to facilitate the evolution and revision of the Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata (CSDGM); and to establish a mechanism for the coordination, development, use, sharing, and dissemination of geospatial metadata among FGDC member agencies.
- Reports: Interim 2013 Report [PDF] | 2012 Report [PDF] | 2011 Report [PDF] | 2010 Report [PPT]
- State Metadata and Training Points of Contact [PDF]
- FGDC 2011 Metadata Summit
- September 2013
- June 2013 [PDF]. Presentation on ISO Metadata Standards Update [PDF]. Presentation by 2012 CAP Awardee Innovate, Inc.! ISO for EPA and Idaho [PDF]
- March 2013 [PDF]. Presentation by 2011 CAP Awardee Iowa Geographic Information Council [PDF]. Presentation by Drew Ignizio (USGS) on the Metadata Wizard Tool [PDF]. You can download [MP4, 19MB] the recording of the meeting.
- 2012 - December 2012 [PDF] | September 2012 [PDF] | March 2012 [PDF]. Presentations by 2011 CAP Awardees Central Florida GIS Workshop, Inc. [PDF] and Northern Arizona University Merriam-Powell Center for Environmental Research [PDF]. You can download [MP4, 16.1MB] the recording of the meeting. | June 2012 [PDF] | Presentation [PDF] from the ESRI Metadata Special Interest Group Meeting on July 25, 2012.
- 2011 - March 2011 [PDF] | June 2011 [PDF] | October 2011 [PDF] | December 2011 / Metadata Summit Follow-up Webinar [PPT]. You can also download [MP4, 49MB] the recording of the meeting.
- 2010 - June 2010 [PPT] | March 2010 [PPT] & FAA AGIS Presentation [PDF]
- 2009 - December 2009 [PPT] | September 2009 [PPT] | July 2009 [PPT] | March 2009 [PPT]
- 2008 - December 2008 [PPT] & NSDI CAP presentation [PPT] | July 2008 [PPT] and Stakeholder Guidelines [DOC] | February 2008 [PPT]
- Presentation Archive