Metadata Trainers: Mark Kotz
Duration: Workshops last 2 to 3 hours, depending on needs of participants.
Semi-annual workshops (based on need) including:
- General training on metadata (purpose, importance, etc.)
- Specific training on the Minnesota Geographic Metadata Guidelines.
- The "DataLogr" metadata entry tool available for free to public sector users in Minnesota.
- Other options for metadata entry.
- Use of MetroGIS Data Finder web site and Clearinghouse node.
- How to contribute metadata to Data Finder and the Clearinghouse.
- Options for distributing data via this mechanism.
Workshops are open to MetroGIS participant organizations in the 7-county Twin Cities metropolitan area and are expected to be free. Workshops are held in St. Paul, MN.
Tools: DataLogr metadata entry software will be available.
Disciplines: All GIS users and other interested folks.
MN GIS/LIS Conference metadata workshop 1996
MN GIS/LIS conference metadata workshop 1997
MN GIS/LIS conference metadata workshop 1998
MetroGIS Metadata Workshop 1998
MetroGIS participant organizations in the 7-county Twin Cities metropolitan area. This includes, but is not limited to, all public sector organizations.
230 East Fifth Street
St. Paul, MN 55101-1626
organization: Metropolitan Council