ISO Geospatial Metadata Editors Registry
A metadata editor provides an effective means of implementing ISO geospatial metadata. It presents the standards in a user-oriented application. Many editors provide assistance in populating metadata elements, support the use and re-use of metadata components, and, in some cases, the auto-capture information - such as geographic extent, geographic coordinate systems, and attribute labels - directly from the data resource.
The FGDC ISO Geospatial Metadata Editors Registry was developed to address regular requests from the NSDI community for information about available ISO geospatial metadata editors. The FGDC Metadata Working Group (MWG) provided guidance as to editor features commonly used as selection criteria.
The registry includes 3 components:
- A quick view matrix of editor features identified as ‘selection criteria’ by the MWG
- A 'full record' view that includes the editor selection features as well as descriptive information provided by the developer
- User reviews that expand upon
the features, installation, customization and general use of the
Note: Individuals who submit User Reviews must first register with the FGDC Metadata Working Group.
The registry supports the following NSDI Stakeholders:
- Application developers can provide information about their editor capabilities and functionality
- Metadata Creators can learn about available editors and their capabilities
- Editor Users can contribute information about editor performance and installation benefits, challenges, and solutions
The registry enables developers and user reviewers to input and
update information directly using a login. The submissions are reviewed
for appropriateness prior to publication, however, the FGDC is not
responsible for inaccuracies or misrepresentations and the presentation
of this information does not constitute nor imply endorsement of the
Learn more about contributing information to the registry by visiting Register Your ISO Editor and Contribute a User Review