Enhancing Missouri's Local Government Geospatial Capabilities
Award number 05HQAG0136, Category 4: Geographic Information Integration
Building on the success of Missouri's 2004 CAP Missouri Spatial Data Information Service (MSDIS) will provide the following:
- Advanced GIS training. (ESRI’s Introduction to ArcGIS II and an additional day of training based on customer surveys)
- Upgraded TNM services - to more directly support focused (“Stuctures”) geodatabase creation and submission through web interfaces and a service oriented architecture.
- Under the auspices of the Missouri Geographic Information System Advisory Committee continue to expand and formalize the active coordination outreach between local government, state, and federal GIS activities.
- Provide support for local government entities regarding funding opportunities in the form of grant information, grant templates and assistance and partnerships to apply.
- Shore-up TNM availability through redundancy to build the trust and responsiveness so critical for local governments to consider developing local emergency response applications on their data served at MSDIS.