NSDI Cooperative Agreements Program
Introduction to the NSDI CAP. The program was cancelled in 2013.
What is the NSDI CAP?
The NSDI Cooperative Agreements Program (CAP) was an annual program to assist the geospatial data community through funding and other resources in implementing the components of the NSDI. The program was open to State, local and Tribal governments, academia, commercial, and non-profit organizations. The program provided small seed grants to initiate sustainable on-going NSDI implementations and emphasized partnerships, collaboration and the leveraging of geospatial resources in achieving its goals. Since 1994, the NSDI CAP supported over 700 projects that
The program was cancelled in 2013. For more information please click here.
The FGDC is supporting international Global Spatial Data Infrastruture (GSDI) with its contribution to the GSDI Small Grants Program. The program has been available since 2003 and its goals are same as the NSDI CAP but the focus is on developing countries around the globe.
CAP Project Information
Search for NSDI CAP projects - the Interactive Map Viewer allows you to search for projects by year, category, or State; includes projects from 1994 to present.
Addition information about the NSDI CAP
- CAP Project Administrative Guidance: Help for awardees on project reporting, modifications, and reimbursements
- Program Achievements and Evaluations
- CAP Benefits (2013)
- Measuring 50 States Initiative Progress (PDF format)
- CAP Factsheet (PDF format)
- NSDI CAP Training pages
- Book: National Spatial Data Infrastructure Partnership Programs: Rethinking the Focus (2001)
Additional funding opportunities can be found on the following sites:
- Federal government grant opportunities on Grants.gov
EPA's FY 2014 Exchange Network Grant (closed on November 8, 2013)
See last the six pages of the 2010 NSDI CAP Final Report from Idaho State University
- NOAA Funding Opportunities
- USGS Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- NYSGIS Clearinghouse - Sources of GIS Funding
- GIS professional services from URISA's GISCorp - The focus is on communities in developing countries but assistance may be offered in developed communities, for supported activities see Purposes on the GISCoprs Organizing Principles and Policies web page. Go here to apply for services.
- GSDI Small Grants Program
- esri Funding Resources
This is only a short list and a web search may provide additional sources for funding geospatial endeavors.
For more information please contact Gita Urban-Mathieux, FGDC Grants Coordinator.
Paperwork Reduction Act OMB Control Number 1028-0084, expiration date 1/31/2015