Vision, Goals and Objectives of Geospatial Line of Business
The Nation’s interests are served, and the core missions of Federal
agencies and their partners are met, through the effective and
efficient development, provision and interoperability of geospatial
data and services.
Goals and Objectives
These goals and objectives allows for standardization and
consolidation of geospatial data and services. In support of the
vision, the goals and objectives are:
Goal 1: Productive intergovernmental collaboration for geospatial-related activities and investments across all sectors and levels of government.
- Objective 1.1: To improve governance processes and results in alignment with common geospatial solutions
- Objective 1.2: To identify, evaluate and implement common geospatial services, processes and best practices
- Objective 1.3: To enhance coordination across geospatial community stakeholders
Goal 2: Optimized and standardized common geospatial functions,
services, and processes which are responsive to customers.
- Objective 2.1: To implement guidance provided through the FEA Geospatial Profile
- Objective 2.2: To adopt, deploy and promote effective use of geospatial interoperability standards
- Objective 2.3: To establish an LoB-wide business architecture for common functions associated with geospatial information
Goal 3: Cost efficient acquisition, processing, and access to
geospatial data and information.
- Objective 3.1: To coordinate geospatial requirements and capabilities
- Objective 3.2: To identify opportunities and consolidate geospatial acquisition activities
- Objective 3.3: To enhance LoB-wide portfolio management
- Objective 3.4: To develop and implement geospatial requirements language for Federal grants and contracts