Geospatial Software SmartBUY Blanket Purchase Agreement
The Federal Geographic Data Committee’s, Geospatial Line of Business (LoB) initiative is committed to helping government agencies discover and efficiently procure the best available geospatial software solutions for their mission needs. This site provides information, instructions and tools necessary to help your organization determine a best value geospatial software solution, or transition an existing agreement or license to more advantageous terms under the Geospatial Software SmartBUY Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA).
SmartBUY is a federal government procurement vehicle designed to promote effective enterprise-level software management. It leverages the government's buying power to potentially save millions of taxpayer dollars through aggregate buying of commercial off-the-shelf software products with pre-negotiated prices, terms and conditions. In addition, the SmartBUY program assists agencies achieve greater standardization, improved configuration management and more robust IT security.
The links below contained detailed information about the offered software, pricing and terms and conditions.
- Science Applications International Corporation for SAIC GeoRover software [PDF]
- Planet Associates Inc. for Planet Infrastructure Relationship Management software [PDF]
- Imager Software, Inc. for ISC MapDotNet software [PDF]
- ONIX Networking Corporation for Google Earth and CubeWerx software [PDF]
Geospatial Software SmartBUY award [password protected site]
The original ESRI SmartBUY award continues to offer the ESRI product line with ELA terms [PDF]
Use this decision tree, along with the additional details in the paragraphs below, to help you determine how to procure geospatial software. This includes acquiring a new geospatial software solution or transitioning an existing agreement/license to this Geospatial Software SmartBUY BPA.
- If this is a new task order/license agreement for products and/or services offered under the Geospatial Software SmartBUY BPA, you will first have to speak with your agency/program Contracting Officer (CO) to determine whether a Statement of Work (SOW) is required. Your CO can help you write a SOW that suits your specific needs for items offered through this BPA. A SOW Example [DOC] has been provided for your reference. More information about the use of SOWs when ordering from GSA can be found in the Understanding a Statement of Work [PDF] section of the GSA Multiple Award Schedules Program Owner’s Manual. Also included in the Owner’s Manual are ordering procedures for acquisitions requiring and not requiring a SOW [PDF].
- If your agency has an existing contractual agreement or
license with a Geospatial Software SmartBUY Holder (vendor)
for products or services similar to those offered under the Geospatial
Software SmartBUY BPA, your agency has the option to transition the
existing agreement or license to the Geospatial Software SmartBUY BPA
vehicle. In such instances, you should have received written
notification from that vendor regarding their SmartBUY award.
Vendors are required to enter into good faith negotiations to lower
their prices to be comparable with those of similar products and
services offered under the Geospatial Software SmartBUY BPA:
- with full credit for all funds paid under the previous arrangements, and
- without penalty, including but not limited to additional transfer
fees, startup costs, or activation fees.
Additional Reference Material
SmartBUY Press Release [PDF] - December 17, 2009
- Geospatial Software SmartBUY Factsheet [PDF] - This quick-reference factsheet is a comprehensive summary of the Geospatial Software SmartBUY BPA.
Subpart 8.4 - Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 8.4
provides guidance on the BPA task order process.
- SOW Example [DOC] - A SOW may
be required for new task orders or license agreements for products and
services offered under the SmartBUY
- SLA Example [DOC] - Service Level
Agreement’s (SLA’s) provide a common understanding between two agencies
sharing an Enterprise License Agreement regarding services,
responsibilities, priorities, guarantees, and warranties.
- GSA MAS Program Owner’s Manual [PDF] - View the complete General Services Administration Multiple Award Schedules Program Owner’s Manual to develop efficient acquisition strategies.
- Frequently Asked Questions - These questions and answers address SmartBUY, geospatial software, and other topics.
- Geospatial Line of Business - Learn more about the
Geospatial Line of Business.