Geospatial Line of Business
The Geospatial LoB aims to further refine the opportunities for
optimizing and consolidating Federal geospatial-related investments to
reduce the cost of government and, at the same time, improve services
to citizens. Cross-agency coordination of geospatial activities can
identify, consolidate, and reduce or eliminate redundant geospatial
investments. Developing the Geospatial Line of Business (LOB) will
result in a more coordinated approach to producing, maintaining, and
using geospatial data, and will ensure sustainable participation from
Federal partners to establish a collaborative model for
geospatial-related activities and investments.
Managing Partner: Ivan DeLoatch, email@example.com
These documents have been developed to guide the Geospatial Line of Business Task Force in establishing solutions and priorities for participating members in support of this E-Government Initiative.
- Common Solution/Target
Architecture [PDF 1.5 MB]
- PMO Concepts of Operations [PDF
Business Case [PDF 327.2 KB]
- Geospatial LoB Strategic Plan
[PDF 883.5 KB]
- Geospatial LoB Program Management
Plan [PDF 1.51 MB]
Geospatial Profile Version 2.0, Draft 5.6 (January 16, 2009) [Word
- Geospatial Profile Version 2.0, Draft 5.7 (March 6, 2009) [Word 12 MB]
- Geospatial Line of
Business Data Call Analysis Report [PDF 230KB]
- Segment Architecture Analysis of the Geospatial Platform [Word 7.6 MB]
- Incorporation of Geospatial Capabilities in Federal Segment Architectures [Word 5.5 MB]
Resources and Publications
Geospatial LoB Workgroups
- Joint Business Case - Aligns the Joint Business Case (Exhibit 300) to the Geospatial LoB including: agency contributions, tasks, and task modifications.
- Performance Management - Provides the mechanism for reporting and accountability within the Geospatial LoB to foster the completion of objectves.
- Grants and Contracts - Develops common grants language for geospatial information and services as well as for Federal geospatial contracts.
- Common Services - Evaluates and expands cross-agency procurement opportunities related to geospatial services and data sharing.
- Lifecycle Management - Evaluates existing geospatial data lifecycle frameworks and develops standard processes for improved lifecycle management.
- Geo-Enabled Business - Assist federal program managers and executives to identify their geo-enabled business needs, capabilities and opportunities.
- Technical Architecture - Develops geospatial requirements and recommendations for technology and telecommunications infrastructure.