Framework Introduction and Guide
The guide is primarily for practitioners in public sector agencies at all levels of government that produce, use or enable the use of digital geospatial data. The guide explains the framework concept, outlines the benefits of participating in the framework, shows tangible progress in advancing the framework initiative, and describes the practices and the consensus of opinion on each element of the framework.
This is a digital version of the Framework Introduction and Guide. To order a hard copy of the guide, please send email containing your name, organizational affiliation, and postal address to email@example.com.
Part 1: Introduction and Reference
- Chapter 1 Overview
- What the framework approach involves.
- Chapter 2 Benefits
- Why the framework is important and why you should participate.
- Chapter 3 Components
- What the framework's data, technology, operational, and business elements are, and how they work.
- Chapter 4 Organization
- How framework participants work together.
Part 2: Implementation Guide
- Chapter 5 Getting Started
- What you can do now to participate in the framework.
- Chapter 6 Ongoing Development
- What the community is doing to implement the framework.
Part 3: Resource Materials
- Appendix A Terminology
- Appendix B Literature
- Appendix C Contacts
- Appendix D Related Technical Information and Programs
- Appendix E Federal Geographic Data Committee
- Appendix F Framework Workshop Participants
- Appendix G Related Documents
- Appendix H Framework Projects
- Appendix I Framework Introduction and Guide Reviewers