Announcing the Request for Proposals for 2014 GSDI Small Grants Program
The Global Spatial Data Infrastructure (GSDI) Association is pleased to announce the Small Grants Program for the year 2014.
The GSDI Association has allocated resources from the Geoconnections Program of Natural Resources Canada to fund the program to support national or sub-national activities that foster partnerships, develop in-country technical capacity, improve data compatibility and access, and increase political support for spatial data infrastructure. The U.S. Federal Geographic Data Committee Office of the Secretariat and the GISCorps of The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) also support the program.
The resources will be used to offer two types of grants this year:
- Cash up to $2,500 USD
- Professional Services to be determined
Professional Services will be coordinated by the GISCorps, an international initiative that offers volunteer GIS services (www.GISCorps.org). It is possible to request a combination of cash and professional services.
- The application deadline is 31 March 2014.
- All projects need to be completed by December 31, 2014.
- The full Request for Proposals is available at www.gsdi.org/node/888 and the
PDF version is here.
- To see information about past awards please visit the GSDI Small Grants Program web page.
Questions and proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.